“Earlier this year, 10up and MaineToday Media worked together to re-launch PressHerald.com and launch CentralMaine.com on WordPress, delivering compelling, modern, responsive digital news experiences to the Pine Tree state.
In this talk, we’ll go over an extended case study of the redesign and replatform, including:
1) What led MaineToday Media to WordPress
2) What improvements in the reader experience were the top priorities for the effort
3) Specific technical achievements:
– Responsive Templates which function across desktop, tablet, and mobile, delivering a high quality experience across breakpoints
– Advanced curation options designed to give editors the ability to create highly flexible home pages, section fronts, and special topic pages by combining a set of intelligent content components that surface content from elsewhere in the site
– An article toolbar/utility bar which surfaces galleries, videos, and interactive assets associated with a specific story
– Content migration of over 300,000 content items over 4 years, as well as the plan for ongoing content ingestion from the print CMS
The combined 10up and MaineToday Media team continue to work together to enhance the experience, so we can speak to some of the “in process” work as well.
The talk will be a joint effort between John Eckman, 10up CEO, and Matt Fulton, MaineToday Media’s Director of Digital Services.