We’re happy to announce that WordCamp Maine is officially on the calendar!
WordCamp Maine 2014 will be held on August 15th & 16th, 2014 at Maine College of Art, and we’ll be holding a contributor day on August 17th at Casco Bay Tech Hub.
Subscribe using the form in the sidebar to stay up to date on the most recent news. We’ll be keeping you posted on all the details over the coming months, including speaker submissions, ticket sales and more!
Lunch on Saturday will include a salad bar provided by Maine College of Art’s Café and pizza by OTTO Pizza of Portland.
WordCamp Maine 2014′s after party will be held on the Casco Bay Lines’ vessel, Aucocisco III, on Saturday evening. The ferry will depart Portland at exactly 7pm and return to port at 10pm. Guests should arrive no later than 6:30. Parking is limited in the area, so it’s strongly encouraged to walk from Maine College of Art or your hotel.
About the refreshments:
- A cash bar will be available for beer, wine, soft drinks, etc.
- Food will be prepared by Local Sprouts:
- Maine Cheese Platter: A mix of artisanal Maine cheeses with crackers and bread
- Vegetable and Dip Platter: Seasonal Vegetables with Creamy Herb Dip or Tahini Miso Dip
- Mini Lobster Rolls: Fresh Maine Lobster Meat mixed with Herbs and House Made Aioli on a Buttered Roll
- Pesto Crostinis made with Vegan Nut-free Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Scallop Brochettes: Maine scallops wrapped in Maine free range bacon drizzled with maple syrup
- A Wee Bit Farm Beef Skewer Marinated in Tamari and LemongrassServed with a Ginger Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- Maine Melon wrapped in Prosciutto
- Heirloom Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Skewers with Balsamic Reduction
- Fresh Spring Rolls with local, seasonal vegetables Served with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Chicken Salad in a Crispy Wonton Cup
Directions to Casco Bay Lines
Tim Moore, Maine resident and WordPress Generalist at Automattic, will run WordCamp Maine’s Happiness Bar. Happiness Bars give WordCamp attendees a chance to ask questions of Automatticians, speakers, and others about issues and features on their WordPress-based sites. This is a great resource for those just getting started, who are stuck with an issue, or want to recap a procedure. Our Happiness Bar will be stationed in the Café on MECA’s 2nd Floor during Saturday’s events.
A big thank you to our multi-event sponsors! Your support of WordCamp around the country (and world) is an enormous help to our community.
Thank you to all of our sponsors for supporting the inaugural WordCamp Maine! Your donations help support the Maine WordPress community and make events like these possible.